Crab Cakes with Apricot Sauce
- CRAB CAKES
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 green onion, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat, picked over for cartilage
- Canola Oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- Step 1
COMBINE 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, egg, mustard, green onion, Worcestershire sauce and seafood seasoning in medium bowl.
- Step 2
MIX in the crabmeat gently; form into 24 cakes; refrigerate 30 minutes to several hours before proceeding.
- Step 3
PLACE the remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs in a shallow dish; coat the crab cakes in the crumbs. Pour oil into a large saute pan to a depth of 1/2 inch; heat over medium high heat. Carefully add the crab cakes in batches and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined tray to drain.
- Step 4
COMBINE preserves and water in heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer five minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, nutmeg and cinnamon. Serve either hot or cold.