Crispy Wontons with Pineapple-Jalapeno Dipping Sauce
- DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Pineapple Flavored Topping
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 large or 2 small fresh jalapeño peppers seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons Smucker's® Pineapple Flavored Topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Corn Oil
- Step 1
For Dipping Sauce: HEAT pineapple topping, vinegar and jalapeno in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in sesame oil.
- Step 2
For Wontons: LINE baking sheet with wax paper and sprinkle lightly with corn starch. Combine cream cheese, pineapple topping, green onion, gingerroot and salt in medium bowl; stir to combine.
- Step 3
PLACE 1/2 tablespoon cream cheese mixture in center of each wonton wrapper. Coat outer edges with water and immediately fold each wrapper in half. Seal edges firmly. Place wontons on prepared baking sheet in single layer without touching and repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Step 4
HEAT 1-inch oil to 350°F in medium skillet over medium heat. Fry 6 wontons about 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Remove with slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels. Repeat with remaining wontons, adding more oil as necessary. Serve warm with heated dipping sauce.