Minted Orange Carrot Soup
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil and Omega-3 DHA
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 pounds baby cut carrots
- 2 (14 oz.) cans fat free vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Low Sugar Reduced Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves
- Mint sprig for garnish, if desired
- Step 1
SAUTE onion in oil in 4-quart saucepan until softened. Add carrots and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook until carrots are fork tender. Cool mixture 5 minutes.
- Step 2
PUREE soup in blender in four separate batches, adding some of the water to each batch; process until smooth. Return pureed soup to pan. Stir in marmalade until melted. Chill.
- Step 3
To serve: STIR in mint just before serving. Serve chilled with a sprig of mint for garnish, if desired.