Sweet and Sour Kabobs
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 13 Min
- SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Apple Jelly
- OR 1/2 cup Smucker's® Concord Grape Jelly
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast or thighs, cut in to 24 1-inch pieces
- 2 sweet red or green peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 16 (1-inch) chunks fresh pineapple (about 2 cups)
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Step 1
HEAT broiler or grill. Combine jelly, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar in small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Step 2
THREAD chicken, peppers and pineapple onto 8 skewers, alternating ingredients. Spray each kabob with no-stick cooking spray.
- Step 3
GRILL or broil skewers until chicken internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 6 to 8 minutes, turning as necessary. Brush skewers with sauce. Serve with extra sauce for dipping.