Sweet and Sour Mini-Kabobs
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Low Sugar Reduced Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 to 4 teaspoons Sugar for sweeter sauce
- 1 pound chicken tenders sliced into 24 pieces about 1 1/2-inches thick
- 8 ounces smoked sausage sliced into 24 pieces about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium green or red pepper cut into 24 pieces about 1-inch square
- 24 wooden toothpicks
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Step 1
HEAT broiler or grill. Combine marmalade, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and red pepper flakes in a 10-inch skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently, until reduced to about 1/2 cup. Cool. Stir in ginger and sugar, if desired.
- Step 2
THREAD 1 piece each of chicken, sausage and pepper onto each toothpick. Lightly spray each kabob with no-stick cooking spray.
- Step 3
BROIL or grill skewers 4-inches from heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn. Cook 4 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is done and juices run clear. Brush with half of orange sauce.
- Step 4
ARRANGE kabobs on platter. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.