Apricot Pecan Layered Muffins
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup complete buttermilk pancake & waffle mix
- 1/2 cup quick rolled oats
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoons Smucker's® Low Sugar Reduced Sugar Apricot Preserves divided
- OR 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoons Smucker's® Low Sugar Reduced Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 400°F. Coat 6 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2
STIR together pancake mix, oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar and cinnamon. Whisk milk, oil and egg until blended. Add to oats mixture. Stir until evenly moistened.
- Step 3
COMBINE 1/3 cup preserves, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and chopped pecans. Layer in each muffin cup: 2 tablespoons batter, 1 heaping tablespoon preserves mixture, 1 heaping tablespoon batter.
- Step 4
BAKE 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Spread tops with remaining preserves. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.