Hawaiian Smoked Sausage
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut in half vertically, then sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14-16 oz.) package fully cooked lean smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks, or canned pineapple chunks, drained
- Step 1
ADD vegetable oil to 10-inch skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook and stir sliced sausage, green pepper, onion and tomatoes 5 to 10 minutes, until sausage is heated through and vegetables begin to soften.
- Step 2
COMBINE cornstarch, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and apricot preserves; stir into sausage mixture. Stir until mixture is bubbly and sauce begins to thicken.
- Step 3
ADD two cups of drained pineapple chunks. Reduce heat to low and stir until pineapple is heated through. Serve over cooked rice.