Strawberry Coffee Cake
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Sugar Free Strawberry Flavored Topping
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat 9-inch pie plate with no-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2
COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in large bowl. Cut in shortening with fork until even crumbs form. Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for topping.
- Step 3
WHISK milk and egg until blended. Add to remaining flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Spread into prepared pie plate. Spread topping on batter to within 1-inch of edges. Combine reserved crumbs with nuts. Sprinkle over topping.
- Step 4
BAKE 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.