Upside-Down Caramel-Apple Biscuits
- 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 1/4 cup packed Domino® or C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 6 cups sliced peeled Granny Smith apples (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Chopped Pecans
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers Butter Tastin'® refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
- Step 1
Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook butter and caramel topping over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and bubbly. Stir in brown sugar and apples. Cook over medium-high heat 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender.
- Step 2
Meanwhile, spray 8 (10-ounce) custard cups or 8 (12-ounce) ramekins with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon pecans in each cup. Spoon about 1/3 cup caramel-apple mixture evenly over pecans in each cup.
- Step 3
Separate biscuits; gently stretch each biscuit until large enough to cover caramel-apple mixture. Place biscuits on top of caramel apple mixture in each cup. Place cups on large cookie sheet with sides.
- Step 4
Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until golden brown. Place cups on cooling rack; cool 5 minutes. Place heatproof serving plate upside down on each cup; carefully turn plate and cup over to remove cakes. Serve warm.
- Step 6
When cooking apples, stir frequently to avoid scorching.
High Altitude (3500 to 6500 ft)