Whole Grain Almond Pancakes with Sweet Orange Syrup
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar and sucralose blend for baking
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Low Sugar Reduced Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Sugar Free Breakfast Syrup
- Step 1
COMBINE flours, sweetener, baking soda, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl. Beat egg whites in small deep bowl with mixer until glossy peaks form. Combine egg yolks, cottage cheese, milk, almond extract and oil in separate bowl. Add cottage cheese mixture to flour mixture; fold in egg whites.
- Step 2
HEAT griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Spray surface with no-stick cooking spray. Pour scant 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot surface. Cook until bubbly; turn and cook remaining side until golden brown.
- Step 3
COMBINE marmalade and syrup in microwave-safe bowl; microwave 15 seconds on HIGH (100% power). Stir until well mixed. Serve warm with pancakes.