Balsamic Strawberries with Grilled Pound Cake
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 10 Min
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Natural Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 5 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar or traditional balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 large fresh basil or mint leaves thinly sliced
- 8 slices prepared pound cake (1-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons Butter softened
- Sour cream or sweetened whipped cream
- Step 1
STIR fruit spread and vinegar in large non-metallic bowl until blended. Stir in strawberries. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 2
SPREAD butter lightly on both sides of pound cake slices. Heat large grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Grill cake slices in batches until lightly browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3
PLACE cake slices on individual serving plates. Spoon strawberry mixture over cake. Sprinkle with basil. Garnish with dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.