Belgian Cream Puffs with Chocolate Cherry Sauce
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 10 Min
- 1 cup Smucker's® Natural Tart Cherry Fruit Spread
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- Generous dash Salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons Powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (13.2 oz.) container frozen mini Belgian Cream Puffs (30 ct.) thawed
- 6 Maraschino cherries
- Step 1
HEAT fruit spread, 1/3 cup cream and salt in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and almond extract. Let stand 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is melted and sauce is evenly blended.
- Step 2
BEAT remaining 2/3 cup cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in medium bowl with mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Step 3
DIVIDE cream puffs into 6 dessert dishes. Spoon warm sauce over cream puffs. Dollop with whipped cream. Top with a cherry, if desired. Serve immediately.