Butterscotch Berry Tart
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening chilled
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted* plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Seedless Red Raspberry Jam plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Butterscotch Flavored Topping plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 5 cups fresh berries, quartered if large such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine flour, sugar and salt in food processor; blend 10 seconds. Add shortening, blending until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg, vanilla and almond extracts. Process until moist clumps form, turning mixer on/off to scrape sides.
- Step 2
GATHER dough into ball and, using floured fingertips, press dough onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch tart pan with removeable bottom.
- Step 3
PRESS 1/2 cup almonds over bottom of crust. Spread 1/2 cup jam over almonds; spread 1/2 cup butterscotch topping over jam.
- Step 4
BAKE tart until crust is golden at edges and jam is thick and bubbly, about 40 minutes. Cool completely on rack. Push up pan bottom to release tart.
- Step 5
TOSS berries with remaining 2 tablespoons jam in bowl to coat. Top tart with berries; sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons almonds around edge of tart. Drizzle additional 2 tablespoons butterscotch over top.