Chocolate Raspberry Treats
- Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves for glaze
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar or 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350°. Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Step 2
MELT chocolate and shortening in large saucepan over low heat, stirring to combine. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup preserves, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Step 3
SPREAD batter in prepared baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until firm but not dry.
- Step 4
SPREAD 1/4 cup preserves carefully on top of the brownies while brownies are still warm, if desired. Let cool. Sprinkle cooled brownies with powdered sugar or coconut, if desired. Cut into squares.