Classic Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Natural Strawberry Fruit Spread or any flavor Smucker's® Natural Fruit Spread
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350°F. Beat butter, shortening and brown sugar in large bowl with mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, vanilla and salt. Beat until blended. Gradually add flour, mixing until blended.
- Step 2
PLACE pecans in small bowl. Roll dough into 48 (1-inch) balls. Roll in pecans to coat. Place on baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Using your index finger, make a round indentation in top center of each ball of dough.
- Step 3
BAKE 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Reshape center indentations, as necessary. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon fruit spread into each indentation. Bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from baking sheets to wire rack to cool completely.