Cottage Cheese Cherry Kolacky Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening chilled
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Cherry Preserves
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350°F.Mix flour and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until shortening peices are thesize of peas. Mix in cottage cheese and vanilla until firm dough is formed.
- Step 2
SPRINKLE work surface with powdered sugar. Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch squares. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon preserves on center of each square. Lift 2 opposite corners and overlap to cover preserves; seal tightly. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Step 3
BAKE 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.