Double Chocolate Diamonds
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 cup Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (11.75 oz.) jar Smucker's® Hot Fudge Topping
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350°F. Line bottom and sides of 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with foil. Coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2
BEAT shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar in large bowl with mixer at medium-high speed until creamy. Beat in eggs and almond extract until smooth. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix at low speed just until combined. Spread into prepared pan.
- Step 3
BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Step 4
PLACE chocolate chips in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in hot fudge topping. Microwave on HIGH 15 seconds. Spread over warm baked bars. Sprinkle with walnuts. Chill 1 hour or until chocolate layer is firm.
- Step 5
LIFT bars from pan with foil and place on cutting board. Cut into diamonds by cutting on the diagonal from corner to corner both directions forming a large "X". Beginning at one center cut, make 1 1/2-inch parallel diagonal cuts on both sides. Repeat with other center cut to form diamonds. Store in refrigerator.