Fruity Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Truvia™ natural sweetener
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Strawberry Preserves with Truvia™ or Blackberry Jam with Truvia™
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350°F. Adjust rack to middle position.
- Step 2
BEAT butter, Truvia™ natural sweetener, sugar, egg and vanilla in large mixing bowl with mixer. Blend flour, corn starch and salt together in medium bowl. Fold dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
- Step 3
BEAT egg whites in shallow bowl until foamy. Place pecans in separate shallow bowl. Measure about 2 teaspoons dough for each cookie. Form into balls by rolling between hands. Dip each dough ball into egg whites, then roll into pecans. Place on baking sheet. Using back of teaspoon or thumb, make rounded indentation in top of each cookie.
- Step 4
BAKE 16 minutes. Remove from oven. It may be necessary to create the indentation once again with spoon. Place 1/2 teaspoon preserves into indentation of each cookie. Return to oven and bake an additional 2 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool on baking sheet for several minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.