Grilled Pound Cake with Warm Blueberry Sauce and Ricotta Cream
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel, divided
- 1 (10 oz.) jar Smucker's® Blueberry Flavored Topping
- 1 (11.5 oz.) prepared pound cake, cut into 6 (1 1/4-inch) thick slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Step 1
STIR ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon lemon peel in small bowl until blended.
- Step 2
To Toast Nuts: Place nuts in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking oan until nuts are lightly browned. To avoid over browning remove from pan immediately.
- Step 3
COMBINE blueberry topping and remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds or until warm.
- Step 4
SPREAD butter lightly on both sides of pound cake slices. Cut cake slices on a diagonal to make 12 triangles. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Grill cake triangles in skillet until cake is lightly browned on both sides, about 2 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
- Step 5
ARRANGE 2 cake triangles on each serving plate. Top each serving with about 3 tablespoons ricotta mixture and 2 tablespoons blueberry sauce. Garnish with almonds.