Ice Cream Tacos
- 2 cups complete buttermilk pancake & waffle mix
- Additional ingredients to prepare pancake & waffle mix per package instructions for waffles
- TACO TOPPING
- 5 tablespoons Smucker's® Magic Shell Chocolate Flavored Topping
- 1 quart Vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons Smucker's® Simple Delight Salted Caramel Topping
- 1/4 cup Chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup crushed chocolate cookies
- Step 1
HEAT traditional waffle iron according to manufacturer instructions.
- Step 2
To avoid breaking the bottom of the taco, we've discovered it's best to fold the warm waffle over the side edge of the pan on a bias instead of on its crease.
- Step 3
PREPARE pancake & waffle mix according to package instructions using water, oil and egg. Pour 1/2 cup batter onto waffle iron. Bake until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown.
- Step 4
FOLD warm waffle over side edge of 13 x 9-inch pan to form a taco shape. Repeat with remaining batter. Place cooled waffles in pan and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Step 5
BRUSH inner surface of waffles with chocolate topping. Divide ice cream evenly into waffles. Gently press sides to form tacos.
- Step 6
DRIZZLE top edges of tacos with caramel topping. Sprinkle with peanuts and cookies. Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve.
- Calories 580
- Calories from Fat280g
- Total Fat 32g
- Saturated Fat 12g
- Polyunsaturated Fat -1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 70mg
- Sodium 460mg
- Total Carbohydrates 66g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 38g
- Protein 10g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet