Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter stirred
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 48 foil-wrapped milk chocolate pieces, unwrapped
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 375°F. Cream together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well
- Step 2
STIR together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms.
- Step 3
SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Step 4
BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Step 5
TOP each cookie immediately with chocolate piece, pressing down firmly so cookie cracks around edge. Remove from baking sheet to cool.