Pineapple-Apricot Upside Down Cake
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 35 Min
- Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple tidbits drained, reserve 1/4 cup juice for cake
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 9 Maraschino cherries drained, cut in half
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 stick Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 cup Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Milk
- whipped cream
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch round cake pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2
COMBINE drained pineapple, preserves and cherries. Spread evenly in bottom of prepared pan.
- Step 3
BEAT flour, sugar, baking powder, shortening, egg, vanilla, milk and 1/4 cup pineapple juice in large bowl with electric mixer until evenly moistened. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Spoon over pineapple layer.
- Step 4
BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Let rest 5 minutes. Remove pan. Serve slightly warm with whipped cream.