Upside-Down Apricot Peach Cakes
- Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Orchard's Finest Coastal Valley Peach Apricot Preserves
- 2 tablespoons Butter melted
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can apricot halves drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- whipped cream
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12 muffin cups generously with no-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2
STIR together preserves and butter in small bowl. Place 1 tablespoon in bottom of each muffin cup. Top with 1 apricot half, rounded side down.
- Step 3
BEAT flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract in large bowl with mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth. Top each muffin cup with about 3 tablespoons batter.
- Step 4
BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run sharp knife around edge of each cup. Invert onto baking sheet. Spoon any remaining preserves from cups over top of cakes. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.