Curried Apricot Chicken Salad
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Natural Apricot Fruit Spread or your favorite Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup unpeeled chopped green or red delicious apple
- 1 cup halved seedless green and/or red grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Step 1
PLACE chicken in large skillet. Add just enough water to cover. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 8 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165°F. Remove chicken from water and cool. Shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Step 2
COMBINE mayonnaise, fruit spread, honey, curry powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Stir until blended. Add chicken, apple, grapes, green onion and almonds. Stir gently until blended. Cover and chill at least 4 hours for best flavor.
- Step 3
ENJOY over lettuce, with crackers, as a sandwich, at a party, or even just in a cup.