Grilled Hawaiian Pork Burgers
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham*
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- PINEAPPLE SPREAD
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Pineapple Flavored Topping
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 6 Hawaiian sweet sandwich buns
- 6 fresh pineapple rings 1/4-inch thick
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 red onion cut into 1/8-inch rings
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- Step 1
For Burgers: COMBINE ground pork, ground ham, onion, soy sauce, mustard and pepper in large bowl. Form into 6 4-inch patties. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Step 2
For Pineapple Spread: HEAT pineapple topping, Dijon Mustard, ginger and salt in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro.
- Step 3
HEAT grill to medium-high heat (350°-400°F). Spread olive oil on tops and bottoms of buns. Place on grill to toast, about 30 seconds. Grill pineapple rings until tender, about 5 minutes per side. Grill burgers 3 1/2 to 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Step 4
SPREAD 2 tablespoons pineapple spread on top of each bun. Place burger on each roll bottom. Top with pepper jack cheese, grilled pineapple, red onion and lettuce leaf. Cover with roll top.