Kung Pao Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Oil divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced on a diagonal
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Low Sugar Reduced Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- hot cooked rice
- Step 1
TOSS together chicken and cornstarch in small bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add half of chicken. Stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink in center and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Step 2
ADD remaining oil, red and green peppers to skillet, stir-frying 30 to 45 seconds. Add green onions, garlic, gingerroot and crushed red peppers, cooking 15 seconds more. Remove pan from heat.
- Step 3
ADD soy sauce, orange marmalade, chicken, peanuts and sesame oil to pan. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve with steamed white or fried rice.