Strawberry Balsamic Chicken
- 4 tablespoons Light Tasting Olive Oil divided
- OR 4 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 (9 oz.) bag fresh spinach stems removed
- Salt and pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup very finely chopped unblanched almonds
- 1/4 cup minced shallots or green onions
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 tsp. dried rosemary, crumbled
- Step 1
HEAT 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute spinach 2 to 3 minutes or until limp. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Step 2
HEAT 3 tablespoons oil in skillet. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper; coat with almonds. Cook chicken in skillet, covered, turning once, about 4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Step 3
REDUCE heat to low. Add shallots to skillet; cook 1 minute. Add chicken broth, preserves, vinegar and rosemary. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Arrange spinach and chicken on serving plate, top with strawberry sauce.