Blackberry BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil or your oil of choice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Natural Blackberry Fruit Spread
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1
HEAT oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Step 2
STIR in ketchup, fruit spread, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Step 3
STORE sauce in refrigerator. To use, baste on meat or poultry during last 10 to 15 minutes of cooking time, use as sandwich spread, slow-cooker sauce or for dipping. We hope you appreciate it as much as we appreciate you.