Tangy Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- Step 1
DRAIN pineapple, reserving juice. Combine pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and mustard in medium saucepan. Whisk in corn starch.
- Step 2
COOK over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in preserves and pineapple tidbits. Spoon over stir-fried vegetables, chicken, shrimp or pork.