Chicken with Spicy Cherry-Lime Pan Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Natural Tart Cherry Fruit Spread
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Step 1
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in hot oil, about 3 minutes per side, until well browned and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from skillet.
- Step 2
ADD garlic to pan drippings. Cook over medium heat 15 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Step 3
STIR in chicken broth, fruit spread, lime juice and lime zest. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in jalapeno and butter until butter is melted. Return chicken and any juices to skillet, turning once to coat. Heat through.