Chicken with Strawberry-Basil Pan Sauce
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 25 Min
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion strips
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Seedless Strawberry Jam
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil leaves
- Step 1
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in hot oil, about 3 minutes per side, until well browned and juices run clear. Remove from skillet.
- Step 2
ADD onion to pan drippings. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Step 3
STIR in chicken broth, jam and vinegar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in butter until melted. Return chicken and any juices to skillet, turning once to coat. Heat through. Sprinkle with basil.