Pork with Blackberry-Thyme Pan Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 8 thin-cut, boneless center-cut pork loin chops (1/4-inch thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced onion strips
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Seedless Blackberry Jam
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Step 1
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of pork with salt and pepper. Cook in hot oil, about 3 minutes per side, until well browned and internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove from skillet.
- Step 2
Add onion to pan drippings. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken broth. Simmer 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Step 3
STIR in jam and vinegar. Bring to a boil, stirring until jam is melted. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in butter until melted. Return pork and any juices to skillet. Sprinkle with thyme. Heat through.