Asian Peanut Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil and Omega-3 DHA
- 1 cup coarsely chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter stirred
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 pound uncooked pad thai rice noodles (2 cups cooked), cooked according to package directions
- Step 1
HEAT oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion, gingerroot and garlic until vegetables begin to soften. Sprinkle with flour; stir to coat well.
- Step 2
STIR in chicken broth, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce to simmer. Stir to blend in peanut butter. Add chicken; heat through.
- Step 3
To serve: STIR green onion, cilantro and cooked noodles into hot soup, just before serving.